<VV> 90 Degree Oil Filter Mount

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:02:45 -0400

When you take the 90 degree adapter off, be sure to replace ALL the
gaskets. The paper outermost gasket is especially fond of welding itself
into the aluminum groove, and then it becomes a nightmare to remove. And
it WILL leak eventually if never replaced. I know this to be true from
experience, so trust me on this one. Also, the inner rubber one
eventually goes hard and leaks. Remember what happens to pushrod seals?
Same thing, and you DON'T want to be recirculating dirty, unfiltered
oil, now do you? So change them every oil change!!!

I'll probably get flamed over this by the Jack Benny's of VV, as per
past times that this thread has been on. But it's better to be safe and
change the gaskets, than to be sorry in the long run.

-Mark