<VV> RE: "Competing" meets (was: 2005 conventions)

Robert Marlow nortechcorp@optonline.net
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 12:15:24 -0400

At 11:40 AM 6/23/04 -0400, Norman C. Witte wrote:

> I thought the suggested date for Iowa was June 23; according to the Corsa
Events calendar the Portland International Convention is July 26-30, so the
events wouldn't compete. <

More correctly, they would not directly CONFLICT.  But they would compete,
in the sense that they are aiming for the same audience and persons will
make decisions about attending one, the other, both, or none.

This is why I mentioned yesterday that in my view any mini-convention needs
to stand on its own merits, not be offered only as an "alternative" to the
big convention.

--Bob

Robert W. Marlow
nortechcorp@optonline.net