<VV> Telescoping steering wheel question

Tjs1201@aol.com Tjs1201@aol.com
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 22:08:03 EDT

Well. I looked in the car and I have a bolt at the firewall plate, and a u
shaped bracket under the column.  Guess I'll have to look underneath to figure
out what I have.  Thanks to those who gave me tips on identifying my column
type.

Tim Spry
It is easy. Look at the point where the column goes through the firewall. If
there is a metal plate that clamps to the column -with a bolt - you have an
early. If the flange is welded onto the column near the firewall, it is a late
(same as a 66). You also check up at the dash. On the early- 65, there are two
small tabs welded on - like wings.