<VV> 2005 Convention: Portland

kaczmarek@charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:38:14 +0000

Hi Craig

Distance and direction is, as you mention, all relative.

I once drove with the family from New Orleans to Charlotte to visit my Navy pals who lived there (1987).

One of my friends told me, "you're in the South now"

I told him that I had driven NORTH for 14 hours to reach him. And 3 hours east as well....

Hell, as a born and bred Yankee, I thought that NC and VA were "Border States" during what is called in these parts either

"the Late Unpleasantness"
or "The War Of Southern Independence"

HANK