<VV> Buick V6 2bbl question (No Corvair)

Dennis Nichols dixiehwy25@yahoo.com
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:37:45 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Folks,

My 1981 Pontiac LeMans museum piece has the tang snapped from the front choke pulloff crank at the base and will also need a throttle position sensor according to the ECM diagnostics. Engine is a 2bbl 231 CID (3.8L) Buick V-6. The carb will need to come out. It's simple enough to fix those things. I'll be taking a trip to the yard for the tang. The carb is a Rochester E2M. I'll ahve to buy a whole old carb anyway, so....

I've been thinkng- can I replace the 2bbl with a Rochester 4MV or 4MC 4 bbl? Would it be worth it? I know there was a Buick-built V-6 that went into C-bodies (Cads, etc.) of 252 CID (4.1L) that, if memory serves me correctly had a 4 bbl on it. Is the intake manfold of a 2bbl set up for a 4bbl, with the secondary ports and all? If so, would a 4bbl be a bolt-on as far as mounting and  fit? If all this works, any suggestion for changing the jets, etc.?

I know the ECM may not be compatible, but as it is simple and works on the carb, so that could be easily remedied

"Every time a man gets in his car it should be a vacation"- Harley Earl

Dennis Nichols    CORSA, CKC

1961 Lakewood 700 98/3

Interested in wagons? lakewood700@yahoo.com