<VV> Cruise control

CorsaVair@aol.com CorsaVair@aol.com
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:41:19 EDT

In a message dated 6/24/2004 10:05:33 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
PVanderl@mwestmp.com writes:
I was wondering if anyone out there has put cruise control on their 'Vair
that can give me insights on what type they used or what it was off of? I
want to put cruise on my 65.
Pat - - -I have a Cruise control on my 65 which was installed by Larry
Claypool.  It was made by the Dana Corp and sold by Sears.  I don't think they are
available anymore but Larry could tell you that.  If you are near me in
northern Indiana or where we could connect at a Corvair event, I would be glad to
show you what I have.  I can give you the Model number  if you want to look at
swap meets for one.  Mine works through magnets on the drive shaft.  Many use
electronics which can pose a problem for the Corvair.  I wore a sign around my
neck at the Hoosier Auto Show Swap Meet several years ago saying, Wanted,
Cruise control, with the model and brand name and several people walked up to me
with offers.  I now have a spare which is not complete anymore because I have
used parts from it.  Hope this helps - - -Dick Shank