<VV> RE: Newbie with antenna question

Brown, Douglas T CIV NAVAIR DEPT douglas.t.brown@navy.mil
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:52:29 -0700

Chuck,
Here is a link to Yearone's Chevelle antenna base.
I don't see the mast, but the hardware should be the same (it is raked).
Hope this helps. http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?cat=0
Click on electrical, then under Dash/Radio, click on antenna mast/hardware.

The tonneau cover was an owner-installed (or upholstery shop) item.

Toby Brown
San Diego

~~~~~Original Message~~~~~
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:59:24 -0600
From: "Charles B. Peck" <cpeck@salmoninternet.com>
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Newbie with antenna question
<SNIP>
Now for the question. I have a radio antenna on the rear passenger's
fender. It is designed to raked the antenna at about 45 degrees from
vertical. Unfortunately someone decided to bend the antenna even more
:^( I tried to get a replacement from Clark's, but it just sticks
straight up. At the car show last weekend there was a Chevelle with two
antennas like mine should be! I talked to the owner, and he suggested
"OPG" and "Force One" (not positive that I remembered the names
correctly). I found "Original Parts Group" on the web, but nothing
appropriate for "Force One". I didn't SEE the antenna I was looking for,
but as it MUST be out there, I hope someone on the list can help me find it.

As a bonus question, my convert has a tonneau cover - does anyone know
if this could be anything but customization by the original owner? It
looks as professionally done as the factory one I had on my '67 Datsun
roadster.

TIA

Chuck Peck

cpeck@salmoninternet.com