<VV> Leaking Oil Seals, Repairs and a Sneak!

Ron RBlachut@adelphia.net
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 20:52:11 -0400

I can't say for certain that this pertains to VV or "fastvair" but it doesn't
really matter and the point will be made.

A while back there was a thread pertaining to leaking front and rear main
seals on my '66 Corsa 140.  I mentioned that the work was done by a repair
shop without mentioning it's name.  Instead, I referred to his business by his
slogan.

I mentioned that the seals that he replaced were leaking.  He promised to get
me in for repairs under warranty, ASAP.  I waited for over a year and was
constantly stalled-off.  He kept telling me, "The earliest that we can get you
in is next March or April" which is his usual response.  The front main seal
is still leaking after two years.  I fixed the rear.

He charged top dollar for the repairs to my car and in the thread, at least
one member also mentioned his high prices.

I spoke to the shop owner on Tuesday and he told me that someone had sent him
"something from the Internet" in which I made "derogatory" remarks about his
shop.  He further went on to tell me that I should have someone else work on
my car.  Talk about a poor attitude and a lousy businessman!

So, which member is the sneak?  And why?  Can't we have an honest discussion
of "all" things pertaining to Corvairs without this underhanded garbage? The
person who forwarded the message or thread to the shop owner should have had
the intestinal fortitude to inform me of his intentions.  What did this
mean-spirited sneak expect to gain from his/her actions?????

I have had numerous positive responses to my post on "fastvair" including one
who had similar experiences with this shop.  Are you listening, Bill(last name
omitted)?  I am sure the same sneak will forward this message to him again.

Regards,

Ron Blachut
Queensbury, NY 12804
Member CORSA, Virtual Vairs, Fastvair