<VV> How high to remove drivetrain?

VairMech@aol.com VairMech@aol.com
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 07:29:48 EDT

In a message dated 6/24/2004 8:26:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
CorsaVair@aol.com writes:

I wish I  had a better memory, realizing this was discussed recently, but how
high  does the rear of a late model have to be to remove the complete
drivetrain?  I would like to how high in inches as well as to where  do you
measure on
the car?

    If you take the 6 ton jack stands and put them on  the first notch, then
place them at the jack pad area the rear of the car will  be high enough to
remove an engine or a whole drivetrain. I just did this  yesterday.
    If you remember that, then there are no numbers to  remember or forget!
    Ken Hand