<VV> 63 continued project

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:34:00 -0400

Corvair windshields are currently manufactured, and can be had (installed)
from any auto glass shop.
     The screws holding down the horn ring are clutch-head screws. Get a
clutch-head screwdriver or bit from your local hardware or machine-shop
store. Clutch-head bits are included in those big sets of bits sold on
Harbor Freight and other such places.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Keith Wells
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 1:20 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> 63 continued project

Hi folks, thanks so much for the previous input on my Swiss cheese
floor problem....Decided to go with POR 15 and patch panels rather
than new floor pans as my objective is just a good daily driver and
not Pebble Beach. Another question, any ideas on a windshield besides
the vendors? The shipping is so much. I would'a bought one and picked
it up in KY. but I couldn't make the convention because of other
concerns. Next time on the East-ish Coast I'll be there. The other
question, what the heck kind'a screws are holding on my horn ring.
Bought a nice used one off the e-bay and can't figure out how to get
the old one off. Thanks a lot, I'm really so happy to have this car
over so many other old cars I've had before due mostly to VV, CORSA
and Classic Corvairs of the Triad...whose meetings I have been
missing, but will catch up soon.

Keith Wells
63 Monza vert 4/102 (in pieces)