<VV> Horn ring

vzd1s4am@verizon.net vzd1s4am@verizon.net
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:00:35 +0000

Those are clutch screws. but I have had good luck using a ground down screwdriver. Preferable an old cruddy one.

And If you weant to get you old windshield out without using the steel toe boot method. Then get a new gasket. Use a few razors and then you can cut the old gasket and use a new one when putting it back in. It's not a bad idea to replace it anyway since you don't want to do it again. there are quite a few tricks to do the install. I use the wire method to pull the gasket in.

Run THIN wire or cord around the lip of the gasket. Lay the window in the opening and then pull the wire out inside the car. This will tweak the lip and help it pop in. Not a bad idea to get a couple sets of hands to help out. One person can do this it just isnt advisible. I also use a soapy water solution to help make it slippery. It's kinda like what they do with car tires.

there is more but it escapes me right now.

Sherman Gossett