<VV> Need help NO CORVAIR

Louis C. Armer, Jr. carmerjr@mindspring.com
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:44:22 -0400

My son and daughter in law have a small condominium with a
pre-fab fireplace in the great room. We thought the fireplace surround
was marble. The long piece across the top of the surround was so
bowed it almost fell off. It is cultured marble instead of real marble
and separated from the adhesive and sheet rock behind it because
it is bowed out in the middle by at least an inch. Can this be straightened
or will it break? If we have to replace it I don't know if we can closely
match the side pieces and the hearth piece. Any insight or experience
solving  a similiar problem would be greatly appreciated. Please contact
me off line.

Chuck Armer

Corvair Atlanta, BOD
CORSA MEMBER