<VV> 63 update

christopher d czepyha thegeek2@juno.com
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 21:02:13 -0400

For those following the saga of my wifes misbehavin 63/pg

Tonight I tried setting the timing, no lights from my timing gun, put in
the new coil, now lights, set to 16.  Still did not start, dwell at 31.

Changed the cap/rotor (old ones were visably worn).  Turned the key, and
once she burned off the excess gas, ran like a charm.

Since I had blown out the rusted out muffler I had to get a muffler to
test it out with.  Ran down to  NAPA and got a sound master 18179.  Her
car sounds like it has balls.
Just fits.  Has a built in exhaust hanger, and a 45degree turn at the
end.  6 inch round.
1 7/8 inlet.

Now the stupid questions:
1.  What end of the coil connects to the dist.  I have 2 other vairs and
they are both different, and both run.
2.  Where on the pipe should the clamp go.
I think I can feel some exhaust comming out the wrong end.   I have a 2
inch clamp on it.  If I put on a 1 7/8 clamp will that help?  Is their a
goup I was supposed to put on it.
3.  What is the correct size of the log to crossover pipe gaskets.

Thanks to all for the assistance.

The wife is calling, the kid is in bed, her car is running, life is good.

May be to loud for her.

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!