<VV> Don't forget Ron

kaczmarek@charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 13:57:41 +0000

Folks
Reading in the Queen City Corvair Club newsletter this AM..

(Before chuckster or some other old geezer starts grousing "take this over to the talk list"  I am not on the talk list anymore, the liberals whined that they didn't like a conservative trying to play in  "their" sandbox)

There is a long column from our own Ron Guy's better half Connie, describing Ron's duties in Iraq.  I won't even begin to paraphrase it, but having worked for our Uncle Sam in some of the most inhospitable locales on the planet, I will let you know what would help "make his day"......

E-mails and pictures of Corvair events. Ron can still access his regular Email account from Iraq, so don't hesitate to give him this diversion. This helps one feel like their "fingers are still in the pie" so to speak.

If you would like to show your support in other ways;
Ron has a canine friend named Pancake--named for his usual food. any small bags of dog food or treats would make a day for Pancake.

Stuff that all folks need in the desert--skin lotion, lip balm, and "pogey Bait"---Marine-ese for dry or vacuum packed food you can carry with you, or store not worrying about spoilage like Beef Jerky, Microwave popcorn and the like. My daughter tells me that in Iraq, this kind of stuff isn't easy to come by even if you have the cash to buy it.

Ron tells Connie that mail is the highlight of his day. When stationed overseas (for those of you who haven't been),This is true of civilians and military personnel to a man. Mail is the one attachment to home, family and friends that they have.

Ron's Email is on this message. Mail address is

Ron Guy
RMS/AFCAP
Camp Cooke
AL-TAJI, Iraq
APO AE 09378

Got a Minute?? Let Ron know how you and your latest project are getting along--His work in Iraq is all positive for our troops and the citizens there.

Regards
HANK