<VV> Jacking up car and jack stands

Ewell Mills emills5@cfl.rr.com
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 13:01:15 -0400

When putting the car up on jack stands I place the jack stands in the normal
position just forward of the rear wheel opening as most people do, but  I use
a different approach on the front.   I jack the front of the  car up with the
jack under the front cross member and place each jack stand into the pivot
point of the lower control arm on each side.  I find this to be very stable,
and the top of the jack stands fit into the pivot point openings perfectly
with no chance to slip off.  I feel a lot safer using this method than under
the side of the car.  It also seems to give me better access to the under side
of the car.  Anyone know why this might not be an acceptable method?  It seems
to work for me.

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.