<VV> Juna Tuna

goofyroo@excite.com goofyroo@excite.com
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:20:54 -0400 (EDT)

Not knowing more about the car's condition, but knowing you had been working with the wiring, my initial suspects would be the main harness connector next to the left carb, then the one right near the radio that has everthing going backward in it.  Disconnect the battery and clean the connectors' copper terminals.  A small wire brush is best.

Next, I'd disassemble, clean, and reconnect the engine ground cable.  The terminals on this are subject to corrosion.

Then the coil.  Old coils often fail intermittently and sometimes just when warmed up.  Replacements are cheap; decide to keep the new one, or check the FLAPS returns policy so if you guess wrong, you can still get your money back.  Most won't take electrical parts back.

Michael Smith
Dallas

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com