<VV> Throttle spring

Russ Moorhouse Russ Moorhouse" <corvair65@verizon.net
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 06:34:19 -0400

On a 65 140 HP engine, where does the throttle spring connect to?  I know
this is a strange question, but after 8 months sicne I took the heads off, I
can't remember how it goes.  My 60 year old mind just isn't as good as it
used to be.  I photographed most of the carb linkage, but I had already
removed the spring.  There appears to be a little tab with a hole in it on
the forward firewall, that leads me to believe it goes in there, but for
some reason there was a metal plate, that appeared to be home made, with a
hole in it, that was screwed into the foreward shroud somewhere, that I
recall held the spring.  Now the P.O. may have done this for some reason,
possibly the spring isn't correct either.

Also, is the spring the only thing that holds the throttle linkage to the
cross shaft, or should there be a clip of some sort?  Mine was only held by
the spring.

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa 140 HP
Kent Island, MD