<VV> Signal to Noise Ratio (no direct Corvair)

Dave Keillor dkeillor@ultrex.com
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:46:36 -0500

Bill,

You're a better person than I when it comes to scanning for content!  When I
came back after about a week, I had 375 emails from VV.  Way too many for me
to go through!  The Covaircenter forum you cited is not much better than an
email list -- it's simply a collection of random threads with no
organization.  Also, the email address harvesting problem is very real.

What I had in mind was a CORSA "sanctioned" forum (and tech section)
accessbile from the CORSA website.  It would increase the visibility of both
the Corvair and CORSA.  Or maybe the Corvair community would prefer to
retain their current relative anonymity.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Elliott [mailto:Corvair@fnader.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 12:30 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Signal to Noise Ratio (no direct Corvair)

As an alternative point of view, I am subscribed to over a dozen mailing
lists similar to VV... and get several hundred emails per day. I very
quickly scan
through what I want to read (most often a combination of subject and author)
and discard the rest. Takes nearly no time at all... and I have a handy
reference file for those "savers".

I also regularly visit "forum" types of list; one being a quite popular
Corvair forum: http://www.corvaircenter.com/cc_forum.htm   So there already
is a
viable alternative to the VV method.