<VV> forum vs. e-mail list

John Headley robedinpurple@yahoo.com
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:34:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

My 2 cents on e-mail vs. forum.  I've been a involved
with a Falcon e-mail group that converted.  The forum
format is cleaner and keeps your e-mail down.
HOWEVER, because it requires you to go seek
information each day.  I know that as a result, I
became a more selfish participant - I read less about
others' issues and so might now not see and post a
solution to a problem I'd catch on the e-mail format.
I also think the sense of community almost
disappeared.  I'm not seeking out the friendly banter
that I got when the group was e-mail based, so I now
feel less in touch with who everyone is.  I feel like
we traded a community in and got a technical hot-line
in return.  This group is a great one - don't lose it.
 Just my opinion.

-John Headley