<VV> Signal to Noise Ratio NO CORVAIR

Dave Keillor dkeillor@ultrex.com
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:57:08 -0500

JR,

It's not that I don't like the format -- it's the clutter I can't deal with.
I run a software development company and don't have the time to sort through
the many uninteresting threads.  Information management is my business, so
perhaps I'm biased, but a pile of emails is not the way to manage
information (which is what I'm mainly seeking).

The Nova group does have a national convention -- it will be in Cedar
Rapids, Iowa next year.  No, it's no as big and well orgainzed as the CORSA
convention, but conventions are a form of internal visibility.  For some
reason, Corvair people tend to be inward looking and seem to enjoy the
"cult" aspects of their hobby.  I used to take my Corvair to mixed-brand
shows and I was almost always the only Corvair there, even though there are
lots of nice Corvairs in this part of the country (Minnesota).  Basically, I
think Corvair hobbyists tend to be somewhat inbred.

If some of this seems to be harsh, I don't mean it to be.  Just my
observations.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: J R Read_HML [mailto:hmlinc@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 3:34 PM
To: Dave Keillor; 'chris czepyha'; virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Signal to Noise Ratio NO CORVAIR

Well,

I've already deleted MOST on this thread because I did feel that it was
noise.  But, now you have me responding.

I'm on a VW list - FORUM STYLE - I don't like it as well as I like what
we've got now.  Posts on the VW forum are often DAYS apart, rather than
minutes - as is common here.

Harry, I think most of us know to set up a separate box (folder?) and send
everything starting with <VV> to that one.  The tip on dumping Humor or No
Corvair might be useful, but sometimes serious responses come under the same
subject and those would be missed.  That is the chance you take, I guess.

Dave, I disagree - Corvair has much more visibility than Nova.  When did
Nova group last have a National Convention?  On the other hand, we will all
be sorry to see you leave just because you don't like the format.

Attachments are scanned with anti-virus software.

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater Coupe - icemobile 4/140