<VV> Signal to Noise Ratio NO CORVAIR

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:41:54 -0400

No, the Corvair is not a "sports car"... (and the people that like to point this out usually drive a heavy front engine V8, solid axle car)...but it is a
"sporting GT" of a more Eurpoean nature than anything else that America mass produced (the exception being  the Corvette, of course). It has a lot
more in common with say a BMW 2002 or Alfa GTV than they do with a GTO.

Sure, you can drag race a Corvair. And you could autocross a Hummer. But you're not going to show the best qualities of either while doing it. Bet you
don't see many BMW's or Porches at the strip, either.

A Nova (or Camaro) is a pretty decent handler, but not in the same class as a Corvair or BMW... and is extremely conventional.  "Technical interest" is
a heavy factor in many of us playing with Corvairs.

Question: why do you own a Corvair instead of a 6 banger Nova?

Bill Elliott