<VV> Was Signal to Noise Ratio, Now Nova Question

RoboMan91324@aol.com RoboMan91324@aol.com
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 18:13:37 EDT

Dave,

Much like the Corvair, the Chevy II / Nova started out as an econobox and
evolved from there.  Throughout both of their lives, Chevy offered both lines in
the economy version but began to serve the sport and race markets with more
powerful engines and handling equipment.  The Nova had a stronger platform and a
"traditional" front engine water pumper design that allowed LOTS more power
to be installed.  That is the main reason the Nova and other 60s vintage cars
have more visibility.  Any car that had the capability for street dragging back
then seems to have stuck out more then as well as now.  The earlier models
supported small block 8s with impressive results and the '68 and later design
supported a big block with some pretty exhilarating results.  Imagine a factory
Corvair with 400 or so horsepower.  Unfortunately, that kind of power was not
practical in an air cooled mass produced engine back then.

Doc;  (One 1967 Nova SS and four Corvairs.)

PS;  I would be sorry to see you or any other VV member leave the group.