<VV> Orphan Auto Picnic

J R Read_HML hmlinc@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 18:53:32 -0500

We get somewhere in the neighborhood of 250 cars.  About 50 Vairs and 200
others.  Basic rule is  - must be at least 10 yrs old and a "Mark" no longer
made.  This is subject to some interpretation and lclc usually screens what
gets preferred parking and what does not.  Corvettes for instance do not
qualify since they are still being made.

All kinds of cars come out - Studes, VW (air), British stuff, Amphicar, Imp,
Packard, Metro, Crosley and a whole bunch more that don't come to mind at
the moment.  CCE pays for pop, ice beer, charcoal, porta-potties etc.
People bring their own food.  We sell raffle tickets on donated items from
local car dealers, parts stores, etc.  This becomes the seed money for the
following year.  2000 was the 10th yr - I'm looking at the T shirt now (only
yr we did that).

The neat thing is that all of the folks there are OWNERS of special cars.
There is no access to the general public, hence no concern about some fool
scratching your car with his belt buckle or whatever.  It is a chance to
meet and talk with owners of other makes in a relaxed afternoon atmosphere.

If you need more detail, contact lclc directly since he is usually the lead
person on putting this event on each yr.

I hope that you don't mind, I'm sending a copy of this back to VV as there
may be others who would like to consider such and event.  Just don't
suddenly SWAMP Larry with a million questions.

Attachments are scanned with anti-virus software.

Later, JR