<VV> eum knocks update

Hank Kaczmarek kaczmarek@charter.net
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 06:02:29 -0400

All
Some have wondered if the engine I had built had a warranty on it.

NOW  some of you know why Eric helped me finish the car. HE built this engine.
He not only feels terrible about it, he feels (as he should) responsible for
it as well.
Last night Eric came to the house to help me clean up my shop (a complete
disaster---not anymore) and get some clean floor space so he could commence
the teardown of this engine. tonight he will be here to start removing the
drivetrain, and once it is done he will be working on finding the cause of
this problem. No, he isn't getting paid for it. I still owe him some money,
but he knows he isn't getting it until the engine is fixed RIGHT.   If any
parts were installed improperly, and need replacement, the cost of that comes
out of the money I owe him.  He knows that too.

God only knows what we will find. Consensus is here that a wrist pin was dry
from the start.  You can prime an engine built 7 years ago, but no matter what
you do, you can't re-lubricate the wrist pins by priming.   Will advise.

hank