<VV> RE: Re: mirror adjustment very little Corvair

goofyroo@excite.com goofyroo@excite.com
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:22:11 -0400 (EDT)

If your mirror is big enough to handle it (Corvairs tend to be too small IMO), a stick-on, convex spot mirror on the inside bottom corner works wonders for eliminating (illuminating?) the blind spot.  Takes a little practice, but it's easier and safer than turning your head for every lane change.

Michael Smith
Dallas

&lt;snip&gt;I have to side with your wife on this one. All my rear view mirrors, inwhatever I drive, are adjusted so that part of the vehicle I am in shows inthe mirror. I need to know where the traffic in my mirror is in relationshipto the vehicle I am driving. Maybe it's just me, but I feel a little moreconfident in my decision making when the mirrors are adjusted that way.&lt;snip&gt;
&gt; So, it is my feeling that the mirror INSIDE the car is the "rear" view&gt; mirror. The outside mirrors are ""side" view mirrors. If you can seeyour&gt; own car in the side view mirror, you have a big blind spot. The outside&gt; mirrors need to be adjusted so that you can see the lane to your left orto&gt; your right - NOT the side of your car.&gt;&gt; I have this argument with my spouse all the time. Thank goodness she does&gt; not drive my cars often because when I get in after she has driven, I have&gt; three mirrors to adjust. I guess she likes to see the pretty paint on the&gt; side of her car.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com