<VV> Lexington Rally results

CorsaVair@aol.com CorsaVair@aol.com
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:26:47 EDT

To all those who participated in the Rally - - - - I'm wondering if any of
you had similar experiences to what Greg Hanlin and I went through.  The Rally
took us through some beautiful horse country, saw lots of white fences, rock
fences and beautifully manicured farms.  We felt good about our chances as we
found all the check points and answers to the questions.  The only problem was
we were delayed once by a train for 11 minutes and also for 17min 30 seconds at
a traffic light.  The traffic light was at the end of the timed portion just
before entering I -75.  It was backed up for nearly a mile.  I don't know how
these two factors effected the rest of the participants, but they were a
disaster for us.  There were others in the same line as us who were effected
similarly.  These problems surely skewed the tally to varying degrees for some of
the participants, making the results of the Rally considerably off time because
of something beyond our control.
My advice to future Rally directors, stay away from active railroad tracks
and traffic lights if you can, it will make it easier to score and more fair to
the participants.  We spent several hours on the course only to end up in a
parking lot on the highway at the last light.
Many thanks to those who worked at running to Rally, it was well run and well
staffed.
Lexington 2004, was truly a Convention to be fondly remembered, great job,
Greg Scarboro.