<VV> Lexington Rally results

CorsaVair@aol.com CorsaVair@aol.com
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:27:52 EDT

In a message dated 6/30/2004 10:19:30 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
vairboy2001@yahoo.com writes:

I'm reasonably sure the same goes for the lights at
the end as well.  Like I was told by the rally
organizer, there is no way they could have scored
timing in these "city" places.

Rusty Rose
Rusty - - -Yes, after we got to the light, we understood that the light was
the end of the timing.  However, when we first came to the backup, we thought
maybe there had been a wreck or something, we were on the back side of the hill
and couldn't see what was going on. I didn't know in mileage how long the
backup was and didn't know how much time to allow to cover the distance where the
backup started and the light.  It must have been most of a mile which took
about 17 1/2 minutes.
My only reason for bringing this up was to suggest to future Rally
Chairpersons that they try to avoid high traffic areas where timing is important.