<VV> Rear Wheel Alignment

BobHelt@aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Sat, 1 May 2004 13:10:48 EDT

In a message dated 5/1/04 5:18:54 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
goofyroo@excite.com writes:

> The guy at my alignment shop is doing his best with my '63.  He says the
> rear is toed out, one wheel more than the other, but he can't get the axles to
> move no matter what.  He's following the Shop Manual, adding shims, etc., and
> even prying against the transmission mount to try to change the setting, but
> it won't budge.  Any ideas?

Hi Goofy,
You should know, if you don't already, that the design of all EMs makes it
impossible (without drastic changes) to set the toe separately on each rear
wheel . That means you might well have a toein on one wheel and a toeout on the
other. Can't do much to change that.
Regards,
Bob Helt