<VV> leaking Transmission

Geoff Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Mon, 03 May 2004 19:32:52 -0600

Hello,
There is the gasket between the differential and transmission, then there
is a seal for the pinion shaft on the powerglides.  The lip seal can fail.
It can be seen on page 123 of Clarks catalogue, #20, P/N C3363.  I have
seen this happen twice.  I completely shredded the guts out of the
differential in my 61 long ago when this went bad and I did not notice it.
The Ring and Pinon does not like ATF fluid as a lubricant.    Don't let
them drive it as long as its doing it. Makes quite a mess when the Ring and
Pinion go!

-Geoff Johnson

--On Monday, May 3, 2004 9:11 PM -0400 Sam & Marissa Andolino