<VV> Harmonic Damper Question

RoboMan91324@aol.com RoboMan91324@aol.com
Tue, 4 May 2004 13:18:09 EDT

Hey Gang,

I know that the harmonic damper on the 164 CID engines is tuned to the
natural frequency of the crankshaft.  Is there any benefit to using a harmonic
damper on the 145 CID engines?  I assume that the natural frequency of the 145 CID
is higher than the 164 CID but would the frequency be higher than the range
that the damper is designed for?  If this is the case, I assume that using a
standard 164 CID damper might make things worse.  Is this the case?  I am
rebuilding an FC 102 HP engine for my Rampside.

Thanks,
Doc