<VV> Carburetor SS Filters and New Gaskets - Adv.

GYoungwolf@aol.com GYoungwolf@aol.com
Fri, 07 May 2004 14:10:19 -0400

I have found another supplier for Stainless Steel performance fuel filter screens, and at a lower price. I can now offer a pair of these lifetime replacement filters for $5.00, plus $.83 postage. As most of you know, the stock filters are $2-$3 each at LAPS.  I have made an even more important find, however. When my supplier ran out of the better 3-ply (.045") fuel nut gaskets that I use, I found a substitute of the same size that has turned out to be even better! It is a rubber coated steel gasket. It is slightly concave/convex (depending on which side you look at) so it forms a bit of a pressure seal when tightened. The rubber coating adds an extra bit of sealer to the joint, so it just does NOT leak. The only problem is that it costs almost 3 times what I was using. But, if you want some, I will include them free with the filter screens, or sell them for $1.00 each (cheaper in quantity, of course).  I have just purchased a thousand of them to get a better price, so I probably won't run out soon. Thanks for the space, and private replies only, please.
The Carbmeister