<VV> Wiring Diagrams Confusion

Tony tonyu@roava.net
Sat, 08 May 2004 11:12:38 -0700

At 0846 05/08/2004 -0700, Richard  Tyson wrote:
>Can anyone offer some suggestions on interpreting the wiring diagrams in the
>'65 Shop Manual?  I've never had much success in translating from one page to
>next.  Currently, I'm trying to run a tach wire from the engine
compartment to
>the dash.  The car is a Monza with a '65 Corsa dash installed.  I'd like to
>use the orginal wiring harness connector at the dash.

You may want to check that wire harness closely before you begin running
wires.  I went looking for a replacement wire harness for the Corsa ragtop
when
I was putting it back together following its acquisition (24 years ago) after
someone had removed the dash and cut the plug off the wire harness under the
dash as well as cut the plug off the body harness at the engine bay firewall
meaning I had to replace two harnesses, among a number of other things.   I
gave another chapter member 20 bucks for both wire harnesses out of a '65
Monza
parts car (no Corsa parts cars available locally), expecting to have to run
tach and thermistor wires etc.   Both harness sections already had the tach
and
thermistor wires in the harness, straight plug-in and go.   Surprised me,
actually.

Of course you may not get as lucky... but check your wire harness close for
the
extra wires before you start crawling through the tunnel pan running extra
wire.

tony..