<VV> Weird Problem #?

FrankCB@aol.com FrankCB@aol.com
Sun, 9 May 2004 11:14:34 EDT

Garland,
       I had this same problem many years ago (~1962) on a trip from Calif.
back to NY.  The old Plymouth started easily every morning, but after we
stopped for lunch, it could barely turn over.  So we left the engine running,
otherwise we had to get a push (those days you could push start Torqueflite
automatic trans cars).  After arriving home, I solved the problem by replacing the
starter with a used one from a junkyard.  Apparently the old one had developed an
internal fault that only showed up when it was hot.
       But first follow all the suggestions already given for checking out
voltage drops using a voltmeter.
       Good luck!
       Frank Burkhard