<VV> Details on the UHAUL Trailering

aircooled6@prodigy.net aircooled6@prodigy.net
Sun, 09 May 2004 17:51:16 -0500

I trailered my 67 4door from Des Moines to Ft Worth rear first on the uhaul
car hauler.  The tailpipe was close, but otherwise there were no issues
getting it on or off the trailer.  This included the fact that there was 2
inches of ice built up on the trailer due to the blizzard we drove thru from
Kansas north to the Iowa line where the sun came out and there was no snow
on the ground.  I rented the trailer by the day rather than one-way.  Saved
me nearly 200 bucks that way.  Im sure we burned a few extra gallons of
diesel, but certainly not 200 dollars worth.  In a marathon run, we made it
up and back within about 30 hours, wouldve been faster if not for the storm.

My suggestion is go slow loading so that you dont "bounce" and nothing
should catch.  Make sure the tires are aired up to maximize clearances.

My tow vehicle was a dodge extra cab with turbo diesel.  We didnt even know
the car was back there.  No fishtail, no nothing.

Regards,

Everett Wilson
North Richland Hills TX
67 500 4dr (30,000 miles added since I brought it home)
64 Greenbrier (0 miles added since it came home.  Maybe this year!)