<VV> throwout bearing follow up

VairMech@aol.com VairMech@aol.com
Mon, 10 May 2004 07:02:23 EDT

In a message dated 5/8/2004 9:36:28 AM Eastern Standard Time,
slmizel@juno.com writes:
  Chirping: not enough
information to draw any conclusions,.  Had guesses from a blown head
gasket to u-joints.  No one giving any kind of firm guess, though.  I am
hoping when I do the other work, this symptom will magically disappear!

    That doesn't happen.
    The way you describe the sound it is probably a head gasket. Do a
compression test and see if you can hear the sound as you are cranking the engine.
    I will say, find out now, because you will have the engine out and it is
easier to do heads out of the vehicle than in and you can start on that while
you wait for the flywheel.
    Ken Hand