<VV> Sticking tach

kovacsmk kovacsmk@Access4Less.net
Mon, 10 May 2004 14:14:46 -0400

SNIP..Also since my speedo stopped working recently, what are the
corresponding speeds for certain rpms for a '65 4-speed Corsa
transmission.  I believe the differential is stock for the car
also.....Snip

 The speedo/tach on my 69 Fitch Sprint ('66 Corsa based) is approx 3100
rpm for 60-65 mph in 4th. This is with a 3:55 AXLE  and 205 60 Tires. I
basically equate multiplying the tach first two numbers by two to get
the speed.  30xx rpm = 60   25xx rpm = 50.  Some does depend on the axle
ratio and the tire size. Anybody else have a SWAG?

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS