<VV> Re: weired problem #?/Starter Slow

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Mon, 10 May 2004 14:45:10 -0400

Absolutely a SBC issue. If you have headers, you WILL have an issue. BTDT with every hot SBC I've owned. Even a ceramic tile heatshield will only help;
only a firewall-mounted soleniod actually cured it.

But agree I've never had the issue with a Corvair starter. But I sure have seen my sahre of tired Corvair soleniods that might sometimes act like this...

Bill Elliott