<VV> Re: Starter Slow

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Mon, 10 May 2004 17:03:26 EDT

VairMech@aol.com writes:
    When the starter on a Vair starts to get tired it will drag and be slow
enough that the engine will not start when it gets hot.

Interesting....I've always found when ALL else appeared good...it was the
bushing[s]  letting it "drag" when hot [ parts swollen]  and always fixed it....

Question....why did my starters [ tried 2]  not spin faster with 24 volts
than with 12??

This is a Vair / VW   only 113 teeth on the flywheel.....turns slow COLD  and
HOT....1 volt drop at starter motor tab.....motor only gets warm after lots
of cranking...