<VV> Curiosity question

vzd1s4am@verizon.net vzd1s4am@verizon.net
Tue, 11 May 2004 12:47:18 +0000

Good morning everyone.

I recently purchased the 62 700 from Tim on the list. This is a great running car and so far has been extremely dependable. Talk about bang for the buck. But I have a couple of questions.

What are the approximate shift points for an 80 hp w/ a 3 spd trans? If I push it I get 30 out of 1st. 45 out of 2nd.

Also when I top out the engine begins to sputter. All the cars I have driven with a manual usually just go flat when they top out. Is this a tuning issue or is it common.

Last the gap between 2nd and 3rd is very wide. Is there another 3 sp that has better ratios? I have a 4 spd that is going into my turbo and I am considering putting it in the 700 just for the better acceleration. How much would this help?

And I guess I need to get in touch with Norm and re-join Group Red. My convertible is out of commision for a while.

Sherman Gossett
62 monza conv. ( waiting to become a spyder)
62 700 4 door daily driver ( check the gas and fill the oil <grin>)