<VV> Unsolicited endorsement ...thumbs up...

mark@noakes.com mark@noakes.com
Wed, 12 May 2004 06:19:28 -0700 (PDT)

Since pulling my 66 out of storage, I've been somewhat surprised by how much attention
it gets when out and about...especially thumbs up from young kids in modified "rice
grinder" type cars.  As expected, I do get a lot of confused "what is it" looks and an
occasional knowing look and question from an old timer as to year and what powertrain
and how well it still runs.  I do need to get a higher performance engine back in it
though and it seems these days that AC is a must for me.

I drove this car and our 61 Lakewood as daily drivers thru the 80s and then restored the
66 and put it in storage.  At that time in Knoxville, TN there were still quite a few
Corvairs around.  I haven't seen any on the road in quite a while here and only know of
one that runs SCCA Solo2 in CP in this area.  I don't remember his name and haven't
talked to him in quite a while as my BSP corvette crunched the differential at an event
and I haven't had the time to fix it yet.

Mark Noakes