<VV> Re: The Rest of the Story!

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Sat, 15 May 2004 23:46:38 EDT

In a message dated 5/15/2004 5:45:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ChiefTAM@aol.com writes:
we found the TOP TWO rings broken in two.
There was some scoring on the inside of the cylinder.  There was also three
small
gouges, about 1/4" wide in the top side of the piston, but not all the way
through the top side of the piston down to the top ring groove.  After taking
off
the blower housing, we took out the #4 piston and rod.  We found a little
scoring on the crank bearing, with one small, maybe .002 groove in the
bearing.
This all appears to be the some total of the damage.

Bearing / journal are fine....probably from 1st startup.....

I'd check the ring lands for looseness....buy a set of rings...ball hone the
barrel..use half on this side...drive on....save the rest for
later...hopefully never!

Matt