<VV> Hotel prices

Rick & Janet Norris rickjanet@charter.net
Sun, 16 May 2004 08:13:38 -0400

Bill,
I like the idea of a sanctioned mini convention such as we had in 96 in
Columbus OH. It was a fun week end.
I too was at the Daytona Convention ( debuted the V8 Vair there) and had no
problem with salt air or rust but I did have a problem with blowing sand! I
bought a good car cover but didn't dare use it because you couldn't get the
fine sand off the surface long enough to put it on. Room price is not a
particular concern with in limits.

Rick Norris
First President CORSA 1971
Email rickjanet@charter.net
Web Site http://webpages.charter.net/corvairalley
V8 Vairs Web Site http://www.corvair.org/chapters/v8vairs

> I need some quick feedback.  Considering CORSA national is out west next
> year, how much interest might there be in a sanctioned regional in the
east,
> say maybe 1st weekend of May, say maybe Virginia Beach (3 blocks from the
> ocean)?  OK, now while you are pondering that one, considering the
location
> and time, how much are people willing to pay for a hotel room at a nice
> quality, name brand hotel with plenty of parking?  Please be reasonable
with
> the price, keeping in mind that the closer you get to the oceanfront,
> generally the higher the cost.  Show would be a Friday-Sunday event.
>
> OK, this is not purely hypothetical.  We are trying to plan next year's
Vair