<VV> Don't buy gas NO CORVAIR

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Sun, 16 May 2004 22:40:25 EDT

In a message dated 5/16/2004 8:58:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
FrankCB@aol.com writes:
  We're still importing over HALF of our oil from outside the USA.  You can
imagine what this does to our balance of payments.  Even if much of this oil
does not come from the Middle East, our importation keeps the global price
high since oil is a global commodity.  So the rising retail price of gasoline
(much as we don't like it) has one good effect.  And that is to reduce demand
so
we'll eventually import less oil.
    Frank Burkhard

May be true!..but WHAT  has really happened in the last  90 days to raise
prices??

NOTHING!