<VV> Fuel Hose

Frank F Parker fparker@umich.edu
Mon, 17 May 2004 08:12:06 -0400 (EDT)

> > about 14" - which is more than plenty. This piece is 5/16 ID.  Does anyone
> > know if that is the correct diameter for this application.
> >
> > Also, it is stamped SAE30R7MXRI (or 1?).  Is this the correct type hose to
> > use with the modern gasoline?  I'd like to do this repair this evening and
> > the parts stores are probably closed or closing - in case what I have is
> not

SAE30R7 is now regular fuel line hose and as Rick says is coded on side.
Fuel injection hose for high pressure injection is SAE30R9.
In-tank hose is different yet cause the florocarbon liner of R9 protects
the hose from modern fuels. R7 or R9 is not suitable for in-tank where
over time the hose will decompose. SAE30R10 is for intank use.
I just went thru this and the problem is R10 is only sold to oem's but
Ron Gregory of Auto Performance Engineering has a great web site and also
sells R10 hose cheap who he got from an oem supplier.

regards,

frank parker