<VV> Re: Solid Pulley-140

Sadek Charles H DLVA SadekCH@NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Mon, 17 May 2004 09:21:42 -0400

Russ Davis, Bluechipmach@aol.com, makes and sells a great, small easy to
use, puller-you can do it in car.  Mine has been at-track tested!  ;>)

Chuck S

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank DuVal [mailto:corvairduval@cox.net]
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 9:15 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re:<VV> Re: Solid Pulley-140

Just drop the rear of the engine and pull it with a
steering wheel puller. Its worth the peace of mind.

That is the shop manual method, but I got tired of dropping engines for a
simple balancer/ seal replacement, so I looked at a steering wheel puller
and built an in place harmonic balancer remover out of a large washer, 5/8"
nut and bolt with extra washers to fit crankshaft diameter. It worked great
for years, then recently a new club member and machinist built his own
having never seen mine. I can find out if he is selling them if there is
interest. This method saves a lot of time. Great for on the road balancer
failures!

Frank DuVal
64 Spyder conv with 11 good valve seats.