<VV> Re: Engine falling out

Robert Marlow nortechcorp@optonline.net
Tue, 18 May 2004 10:38:56 -0400

I will second Harry Yarnell's eyewitness account that engines fall out (or,
more correctly, fell out), but they certainly did not fall out at a rate
that would qualify as an epidemic.

Although today they would probably qualify for a recall.

I saw two:  One, a '62 wagon, around 1971 or so, parked at the side of the
road with the back of the engine on the ground and a loooong scrape on the
road leading back from the engine to the point in the roadway where it
first hit.  The other, my father's '61 Greenbrier, in the early 60s, which
broke both of the FRONT mounts while traversing a railroad one block from
the Chevy dealer.  Dad simply drove right in to the service department,
engine hanging by the PG cable and halfshafts.

--Bob

Robert W. Marlow
nortechcorp@optonline.net