<VV> Re: Deadly Vairs

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Tue, 18 May 2004 13:14:00 -0400

--------------big smit-------------------
> Well, I am counting myself lucky...I have been driving this death
> trap for a couple months and am still alive!  Good thing I am a risk
> taker!
> Steve Mizel, St. Louis
Smitty says:  Don't take those rumors lightly.  Corvairs do kill people.
 I had to go down and identify my Shop Petty Officer's body at 02:00 one
morning in Whidbey Island.  He was drunk on his a-- and driving a Vair at
an estimated 100mph.  Missed a 90 degree turn and went out into a field
of freshly cut tree stumps about a foot high.  None of them stopped him
but a whole bunch of them tried over a few hunderd feet.  Darn cheap
a--ed car came all to pieces and didn't protect him at all.  So they are
dangerous.