<VV> Re: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #429 - 10 msgs

Frank DuVal corvairduval@cox.net
Tue, 18 May 2004 10:43:55 -0400

>Smitty says:  Don't take those rumors lightly.  Corvairs do kill people.
> I had to go down and identify my Shop Petty Officer's body at 02:00 one
>morning in Whidbey Island.  He was drunk on his a-- and driving a Vair at
>an estimated 100mph.  Missed a 90 degree turn and went out into a field
>of freshly cut tree stumps about a foot high.  None of them stopped him
>but a whole bunch of them tried over a few hunderd feet.  Darn cheap
>a--ed car came all to pieces and didn't protect him at all.  So they are
>dangerous.

And do not forget famous people who died in Corvairs.  OK, I only know
one, and it wasn't James Dean.

Ernie Kovacs <http://imdb.com/name/nm0468237/> died in a  crash driving
his Corvair Station Wagon. Date: 13 January
<http://imdb.com/OnThisDay?day=13&month=January> 1962
<http://imdb.com/DiedInYear?1962>.  It is suspected that his death in a
car crash was caused by losing control of the steering as he was trying
to light a cigar.  Who is Ernie Kovacs? One of the greatest comedians to
use television for sight gags. His work is the forerunner to Rowan &
Martin's Laugh In.  He was married to Edie Adams at the time of his
death.  You can read more at imdb.com.

Frank DuVal
64 Spyder Conv
& others too numerous to mention