<VV> Shifter problem

chickwich@comcast.net chickwich@comcast.net
Wed, 19 May 2004 19:21:57 +0000

Hey all,

       I have a early 63 3 speed Corvan  (long convoluted shifter).  The problem is when I am working on it and starting it from the rear, it falls into 1st gear.  After chasing it down the road once or twice, I now work on it with the rear wheels in the air.  What is causing it to fall into gear?
       Also it is very difficult shifting into second gear.  Is this a problem with the transmission or in the shifter/bushings.  What parts do I need to order.
       If this is a problem inside the transmission, I do have a 4 speed tranny from a van.  How much work is involved in the swap from an early van 3 sp to and early van 4 sp?  anyone who has "been there done that" feel free to pipe up and give your opinion.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Chickwich@comcast.net
Andy Hammond
63 Mystery Machine hopefully on the road soon.