<VV> I stand corrected (was engine falling out)

slmizel@juno.com slmizel@juno.com
Wed, 19 May 2004 22:51:10 GMT

Ok, I guess I stand corrected.  You have supplied me with many verified accounts of engines actually falling out!  Sounds like it was a problem more associated with the EM than the LM and was due to specific design weaknesses that can be avoided with proper maintenance and inspection.  I will rank it with the "that's the car that flips over" stories...based in some reality, but not applicable to all models or normal driving conditions.  As far as people killing themselves or being killed in the car...I have a friend who was doing over 100 in a Chevelle, lost control and went off the road...it wasn't the Chevelle's fault.  No flame intended...my point is just that I don't regard the *car* dangerous when it is being *driven* in a dangerous manner.  Even if my buddy's information (the one that told my engine was going to fall out) is somewhat factual, i will still pelt him with paintballs if he insults my car again! (LOL)

Anyone have any input on the harmonic dampeners being sold on ebay?  I see a few guys selling them on ebay for less money than Dale Mfg. (which has been recommended to me by several of you...I like to be cheap when I can, but not at the expense of long term value).  I have seen a couple...here is one: Item number: 2479213187 ...

Thanks,
Steve Mizel
CORSA
1965 Corsa Vert 140